Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Here we go...

The third tropical storm of the season, Chris (is that a male Chris or a female Chris... or is this storm transgendered?), is poised off in the eastern Carribean preparing to become the season's first hurricane.

Right now it's looking like he/she could head almost anywhere and if the people I know in Florida and Louisiana are holding their breaths like I am here in California we could all die of asphyxiation before we find out. I've already pulled out the little paper hurricane map I picked up when I was last in New Orleans, taped it to the desk where I sit and have begun tracking this storm like I used to do when I was a kid in Florida.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good news today...the storm is dimisnishing rapidly! Breathe and enjoy! en

Anonymous said...

Well, considering Chris started out as a tropical storm, was going to turn into a hurricane, and then lightened to a heavy storm -- seems more a "Q" than a "T." ;) J.

Thom said...

I'd comment in response... but I'm still holding my breath. As with my enthusiasm for Floyd Landis, I am disinclined to offer judgement of an as yet non-conclusion... I'm superstitious that way.

Anonymous said...

Think more positive send more positive energy their way