Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It Just Works... WRONG!

I've been buying Macs since Macs were created. I'm the guy who drank the Kool Aid and passed it on to everyone else. I'm the guy who made every argument that it's possible to make about how great Apple is and how smart Steve Jobs is and what a lovely, helpful, thinking company Apple is.

I have, on many occasions, made the statement that the world would be a better place if everyone used Apples.

Well... this is the moment of truth; this is the point where I realize the dark, sad reality that not only do people who you don't know steal your car and computer, and not only do other people sell you (to the tune of $1,000) a broken machine that has only been glossed over enough to pass the visual test, but the "perfect company" with the cute commercials and the smiley faces, the company that claims "It Just Works" and promises to repair a product for a reasonable flat rate fee ($326.00 to be precise) is just as crooked, greedy, and evil as the rest of them. That the holy mountain is actually populated, not by the lovely vegetarian Buddha of cyberspace, but by a penny pinching Ebeneezer Scrooge who will suck every cent out of you that he can get ($1240.00 to be precise... a sum that I neither have, nor would pay if I did).

And yeah... I'm not only feeling anger at being cheated, and being lied to, and being given the run around by the "geniuses" (did someone at Apple perhaps spill liquid on this machine???? I know that I certainly didn't). I am also feeling the pain of the betrayed true believer who finally discovers that the Wizard is just a little man behind the curtain.

Apple used to be a GREAT company... now it's just like the rest... greedy, predictable, unhelpful, unbending and uncreative (except in inventing new ways to get people to spend more money).
RIP...MAC

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I have, on many occasions, made the statement that the world would be a better place if everyone used Apples."

It's BECAUSE everyone now uses apples (ipod, itunes... if not macs) that Apple has become like everyone else.

It happens all the time. I was one of the first customers to play.com (before they could even afford the domain 'play.com') and the service was excellent. Now it's average at best, sometimes shit. They should look at who supprted them back when they needed it and reward accordingly, but why would they? Why bother? They don't need guys like me anymore they've got the mainstream market. Just like Apple don't need you anymore.

You already know this, it's happened again and again. But I know why this time, with this company, it hurts that little more. You did more than buy their product, you SOLD their product to others. You did more than buy their machines, you bought into their 'think differently" philosophy. And sold it to others. You defended them even when it would have been easier to give in and join the masses.

I feel so strongly I'm taking "iPod" off my xmas list to santa (as if I was getting one anyway!).

Hoz

Thom said...

There ya go baby...you got it.

It would have been EVER so much cheaper for them to keep their word than to screw me over $914.

Now they have not only lost me... they have lost all the people I "evangelized."

Anonymous said...

Only problem with boycotting macs is...look at the alternative!

Hoz

Thom said...

Well, ya know... that's what I've always said, but I'm not sure I've been right.

The thing is, what I do in design and audio and video is definitely best done on a Mac, but there is certainly a differance between using the Mac (eventually) for what I have to use it for, and ADVOCATING/EVANGELIZING for Apple, which I will absolutely never do again.

In fact... I will go as fa to say that if you CAN use something else, you probably should use something else.