Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Fool!

I think that one of the reasons I like Mardi Gras is that it turns April Fools Day into a month long celebration. I've always loved this day for the complete and total purposeless absurdity of it.

Like the big green button here... a link to a daily changing website that I just discovered a couple of days ago... April Fools Day is a glitch in the daily process of mundanity... a U-turn on the straight and narrow path. It's origin, like most things of this sort, lies in the foolish peasant celebrations of the ancient springtime when the people at the bottom got to, even if for a brief moment, pretend to be on top.

This year, perhaps more than most (though I'm not really sure about that), I think it's a day to remember that NOTHING is under control.

So get out and do something foolish... or stupid... or NUTS!

Look on the BRIGHT SIDE of life... if only for a day.

Who knows, maybe it'll be catching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad that somewhere in the world, someone is reveling in laughter and foolishness...Enjoy! en