Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sunday Morning in the Bull's Eye

Yesterday St. Charles Avenue near my house was backed up for blocks as people tried to get gas and money.

This morning it's looking more like a ghost town.

The weather guy on tv just referred to New Orleans as the bull's eye and the hurricane spent the night in the hot Gulf of Mexico waters fueling up and raising to a Cat 5.

Every few minutes the folks on TV say, "Get OUT." But, I just got here! And this is MY town. They estimate that there are 100,000 people who CAN'T get out and I really want to be here to help out after Katrina passes by. Of course, that's assuming I don't wind up being one of the people who NEEDS help!

Frankly, I don't have anywhere to go and no way to get out, so I'm here for the duration. Sooner or later I'm sure I won't be able to blog any more, but I'm going to try to keep up a report for as long as it's possible.

No comments: