Friday, August 19, 2005

Suffering for Jesus

I know a lot of my friends think that life in New Orleans is just one big party, but I have to tell you, SURVIVING that party is something to be proud of damnit!

My job yesterday was juggling two major events in town for stories and podcasts from both.

The first thing I had to do was catch several sessions of the opening day at the Cutting Edge Music Business Conference this included some interesting legal and business discussions as well as a terrific panel on presenting blues and roots music in a cultural and museum setting. I'll be compiling this material for a podcast report in the next few days (as soon as I have a moment to come up for air).

From this event I went to the Southern Comfort Tales of the Cocktail

Back to the Cutting Edge for a brief jaunt around a short cocktail party where I met singer/songwriter Ben Hunter and had a really interesting discussion of epilepsy and diet. He's playing a showcase on Saturday that I definitely intend not to miss.

Then, I was off again to Cafe Giovanni for their take on dinner with Southern Comfort. I made it home and collapsed into bed at just about midnight making it a fairly early evening, but 12 hours of running around covering the world of music and food and drinks and fun... well... it's a tough job but somebody has to do it.

No comments: