Saturday, August 13, 2005

Early to Bed... Early to Rise

I actually went to bed early last night. Really early for around here, about my old normal bedtime in California. I hit the futon at 10:30 and slept through to almost 8:00. More sleep than I've gotten all week! And frankly, I really needed the rest.

My friend Mary and I went down to Les Bon Temps Roule to see Joe Krown and to eat FREE oysters. The oysters were there, but Joe was not.

So this morning I'm off to the Crescent City Farmer's Market again. I know I'm going to pick up some milk because the milk I picked up last week, a Fat Free milk at that, tasted so full and creamy I thought I had died and gone to cow heaven. What else I buy this morning I'll have to wait and see, but I've got a small jar of brandied cherries hanging around in the back of my mind.

By the way... If you want some more reading material, check out P.W.Fenton's new blog. You can hear his semi-regular musings on the Digital Flotsam podcast too. In my opinion, P Dub is doing what all of us radio/podcast fanatics WISH we could do. If you haven't already listened, do so. I think you'll like it too.

Well... to market to market...

No comments: