Wednesday, August 17, 2005

It's Morning in New Orleans

Some of you may remember the old Reagan commmercial "It's Morning in America." Despite the fact that it was your basic political horse-hooey, the commercial was a not an insignificant factor in Reagan's reelection and Dubya certainly tried to wrestle the spirit of that approach into his 04 campaign, but he just couldn't quite pull it off. But then that particular story arc is best followed on my other blog.

What I really want to talk about is horoscopes. Particularly, Rob Brezny's horoscopes. While I don't really feel comfortable with idea that some complicated relationship withthe stars has been guiding my path for the last 50 years, I am also rather uncomfortable with simply dismissing the idea altogether, since I truly believe that marvelous suggestion from Shakespeare's infamous manic-depressive that, "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

So, with that in mind, I weekly peruse Rob's thoughtful missives on the state of my psyche, always seriously, but always with a grain of salt.

My problem is that these musings are regularly so spot on, in such a synchronistic sort of way, that I regularly find it both disturbing and delightful (or perhaps just delightfully disturbing).

This week's message is exactly one of those.

Ten days ago, I was just ending my first weekend in my new home with an exhileration and excitement I had not felt in a long time. This was the culmination of a long process that was personally and professionally a huge struggle and which had its clear share of distress and frustration. But here I am, and just yesterday afternoon after a meeting at the Arts Council of New Orleans I made the comment that I was trying to figure out if the somewhat confusing darkness I am currently trying to find my way out of is the beginning of the night or the end.

Then along comes Rob to reassure me of what I already have begun to know. It's morning in New Orleans, the exploration, amazement, parties and confused exploration of the first week and a half are over and I am starting my new life for real.

It's time to go to work
.

No comments: