Saturday, August 06, 2005

Friday Night in the Tropics

Yeah U Right!

It's HOT! In every sense of the word.

I spent last evening on Frenchman's Street at the Satchmo Club Strut where music wafted throughout the neighborhood from 6:00 pm on.

The weather was New Orleans in August - Hot and Humid - but frankly, I noticed there was a real sense of relief every time I stepped into a club where there was air conditiong to cool the air and there were ceiling fans to push that lovely artifical breeze down into the crowd. Despite the fact that the doors and windows were open to the outside, the air conditioning cooled the place down to a level that felt just like a Northern California night (until you stepped back outside).

What a night!

I'll bring you a list of the sites and sounds later, but right now I have to head out into the warmth for some more music as SatchmoFest continues. Later I plan on making it down to White Linen Night. Work will just have to wait until Monday.

One highlight from last night though... Maurice Brown at The Blue Nile... Unbelievable!

No comments: