Saturday, June 10, 2006

Are you REALLY ready????

13 hours... 48 minute...38 seconds... and the race begins.

If you click on the map/photo you can view the route (runnning right to left along the blue and red lines) as it heads up the mountain and back down to the ocean.

Two years ago when I first ran the Dipsea, I was asked over and over, "are you in shape to run the Dipsea?" Over and over, I answered... "well, I don't really know. I think so." This year, I'm even less sure. I'm pretty sure that I can do this race; I can at least FINISH it, even if I don't do my best time.

The thing is... it really doesn't matter (much). It's time to run the race and 13 hours 45 minutes and 51 seconds from now that's exactly what I plan on doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But in running it, you know you are really ALIVE! Those are moments to treasure. You go!

en