Sunday, March 26, 2006

And the Beat Goes On...

Okay... so no Injuns today.

We now officially move to next year.

But... in the fashion that I was speaking of last week, what I did run into was the Palm Court Jazz Band at Cafe Brazil for Nickle A Dance. It was light , and fun and delightful... video to come tomorrow.

Then... on the way home, I missed two (count them... one... two) buses. One on Magazine and one on St. Charles. After seven months... SEVEN MONTHS... the street car on St. Charles is still not running, and the bus line, while it is FREE, is less than legitimately functional. And that brings me to another film I want to create... a documentary on the state of transportation in the U.S. A documentary, I have been wanting to call, "You Can't Get There From Here." I have had issues with public transportation in this country for some time... but the fact of the matter is that New Orleans, post-Katrina has to be one of the most profound examples of failed national transportation planning that exists!

HOWEVER... it was a beautiful day... and a beautiful dance in the Marigny... and, well, hey... as I was walking back down St. Charles, I scored a 50 pound bag of Mardi Gras beads just sitting on the sidewalk waiting to be picked up by the trash guy.

I'm already set for next year!!!

And that's the way you live down here... there are plenty of clouds... day in and day out... month upon tiresome month... but there is almost always some kind of silver lining, and by my experience... New Orleanians know where to look for those.

No comments: