Sunday, July 23, 2006

It's not the Heat... no... wait... IT'S THE HEAT!

108 DEGREES IN PETALIUMA YESTERDAY!

98 degrees in San Francisco... It was "only" 93 degrees in New Orleans for goodness sake! And I don't want to hear anything about it being "the humidity." It's NOT the humidity... it's the HEAT! In fact, it seems to me that wet heat actually feels better than super dry heat that makes you feel like your in a blast furnace. Of course, on top of all this, my car air conditionaer picked this week to die on me.

It did mean that I was forced to escape to the coast and seek the coolness of the ocean breezes and the 55 degree water. That's not something you can do in New Orleans (though you can always get a drink in a 55 degree bar). There still wasn't any real surf, but at least I got wet (and even a little bit of body surfing). I will never again complain about how cold the water is in Northern California. Yesterday it was a god send.

So what's it gonna be like today? Hey.. it's gonna be cool! Only 98 degrees in Petaluma... and 86 in San Francisco (actually it wound up at 92). It's still expected to be only 83 in New Orleans because thhey're having lovely thunderstorms today.

Ahhhhhhhhh.... isn't summer wonderful?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must disagree -- it really is the humidity. LOL!!! J.

Thom said...

No... absolutely not... It's the HEAT!

Anonymous said...

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the humidity around the corner."

I think not! Its the heat!

Hoz