Saturday, February 18, 2006

Throw Me Somethin' Mista!

Mardi Gras Comin' At ya starting today... Starting in about thirty minutes actually.

The first "BIG" parades through New Orleans roll this afternoon and evening and I'll be out on St. Charles Avenue with the rest of em, standing in drizling rain and screaming at the top of my lungs, "THROW ME SOMETHIN' MISTA!"

You can see the parades as they roll down St. Charles, but I'll be further down the street trying to stake out my own little piece of Mardi Gras territory.

One of the things that I have found both amazing and frustrating over the last week is the incredible mobilization of workers to get things up and going. If they can do that for Mardi Gras, it really does beg the question, why can't they do it all the rest of the time? But that's a question for another day. Like the poet said back in August, BEFORE Katrina took everything apart, there's nothing sad about today.

No comments: