Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tin Cup Chalice

Jimmy Buffett has a song in which he proclaims, "Give me oysters & beer for dinner every day of the year and I'll be fine."

Well.. this is one of those kinda days.

The WiFi at my apartment was down (as it seems to be every Thursday, but that isn't by any means a scientific study) today, so I did a bunch of work without internet connection (it's amazing how much more efficient I am when the web isn't distracting me but that's another story) and then headed off uptown to Cooter Browns for some WiFi, some beer, some lunch, a few oysters maybe, and a little look at the Ireland/France Rugby game.

Alas... the oyster shucker shortage in New Orleans (I'm serious about this... it's reaching CRISIS proportions) meant that there were no oysters to be had for lunch, but I had a long haul in fornt of me.

Four hours later, I'm still at Cooter Browns, still working on the computer off in the back bar where I'm mostly alone (but can still watch the rugby match), still got my beer and NOW... I've got oysters. A whole dozen for dinner, before I pack up my stuff and head off for the Muses Parade.

What can I say... When life gives you lemons SOMETIMES you just have to make Margaritas!

Happy Mardi Gras Y'all!

No comments: