Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Up... Down... Up... Down

It has been dribbling rain all day long and I've been playing the studio rat most of the day, trying to finish several shows that need to get done and which (as usual) are taking significantly longer than I want them to.

As I look out my window onto Folsom Street I don't see anything but rainy streets and passing cars, so I prefer to look at Opus (sitting in front of me decked out in full Mardi Gras regalia) and listen to New Orleans people like John Boute' and John Gros sing about what rain is like in the Crescent City. This incessant Northern California drizzle is just making me crazy!

And I'm serious here... Just for relief I decided to download one of the best raining songs of the 80s just to make myself laugh. It's a song, it just so happens, that I heard for the first time in years in a bar I visited in New Orleans a couple of nights before I left.

This led, in that wonderful synchronicity of the internets,
to a delightful discovery... A version of "It's Raining Men" from The Golden State's Golden Governator.

Maybe the rain's not so bad after all...

Okay okay... time to go back to work.... Up Down Up Down...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry I missed your call. I could have made the up, down, up down, a little more up and down. en