Monday, January 30, 2006

Subconcious Longings

Saturday night, following the ZAP fest, I made a stop at a little store on Fillmore that I had passed earlier in the day. The DVD Station is a very cool and very efficient little video rental joint with nice little computer top tables where you can go searching for your stuff (rather than winding your way around racks and racks of videos). It's not as cool as KOZMO.COM used to be, where I could order a film (and even snacks) online and have it show up at my door fifteen minutes later, but then they went out of business (too labor intensive I think), so DVD Station will have to do.

I stopped in and picked up some titles, but it wasn't until I got home that I realized what I had...

Better than Chocolate
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Two for the Money

It may seem like stretching the point but my semi-bi-coastal life is showing through, and Nagin's ill-advised comment seems to have born fruit in the deepest centers of my subconscious.

So... I watched Better than Chocolate last night... What a fun, funny and poignant film... and a great soundtrack too. I love it!

No comments: