Saturday, January 21, 2006

Born a Yankee...

Just in case my last post was not clear about where my loyalties lie, I want to tell you about the concert I attended the other night at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art.

Bob Malone
is a singer, currently (post-Katrina) living in L.A. but back in the Crescent City for some gigs recently and his appearance for Ogden After Hours was a balm to my sometimes withered soul. I'd never heard Bob before, but I loved everything that he did.

In particular, I loved what really must be the theme song of my life right now... "I Was Born a Yankee..." but you can bury me in New Orleans.

Pretty much says all there is to say really (at least for now).
--------

You can find this (and other Bob Malone tunes) at iTunes by the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Imust correct the main point of this Blog. You were not born a YANKEE. You are a SOUTHERNER who happened to be born in YANKEE territory.