Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Well Hallelujah!!!!

A new Blues Routes is up and running here. It only took me twelve freaking hours to create the ten minute show, but it's the best one since the one about the song Strange Fruit. That show has actually been BOUGHT (you really don't want to know how embarassingly little they pay) by several NPR stations around the country and I think this one sets the show on the course I've been trying to get it to for the six months I've been working on the damn thing. I think we're finally ready to rock!

The show is a ten minute feature on the life and music of Clarence Gatemouth Brown, who died shortly after Katrina. Not really BECAUSE of the storm, but the storm (and the fact that it destroyed his house) certainly exacerbated the illness he already had. Beyond that bit of info... well, you're going to have to listen to the show.

You can of course subscribe to the whole series in iTunes by going to the podcast directory and searching on BluesRoutes or Blues Routes. You can also load it directly into iTunes by cutting the URL http://www.bluesroutes.com/daily.xml and droping that into the "Subscribe to Podcast" feature in the Advanced button at the top of the iTunes screen (okay okay... too much info I know).

I apologize to those of you (especially e) who I promised to call yesterday, but I really haven't had my head up since early yesterday morning.

It's hard work... but this stuff really does make me happy. Now if I can only get somebody to PAY me for it!

No comments: