Monday, January 09, 2006

A Glimpse of LIfe As It Is Now...

I am preparing to head back to New Orleans on a quick trip of ten days to two weeks

"You are as loved as you were before the strangeness swept through our bodies, our houses, our streets" is the lyric in a song from Bruce Cockburn's album "Breakfast in New Orleans, Dinner in Timbuktu" and it's a pretty good descriptionn of what I am feeling as I return home yet again. Each time it's a process that feels like starting over, yet each time it feels like I'm starting over from just a little bit better footing.

I think that's the way it's probably feeling to a lot of people in New Orleans right now.

Four of those people talk about all of this on Harry Shearer's Le Show this week and frankly, it's the best hour of discussion about New Orleans that I have heard in the entire four and a half months since Katrina. If you REALLY want to know what's going on, and you REALLY do "know what it means to miss New Orleans," or WANT to know... you need to listen to the show. Harry is always great. This week he's spectacular.

I'll catch you from the Crescent City.

No comments: