Friday, January 27, 2006

The City & The Crescent City

Or... My Tail In Two Cities Part Three

The first thing I did this morning, following my standard morning meditation, was to go to the computer, bring up iTunes and turn on Dr. John.

I'm completely delighted to be back in The City, as we call San Francisco around here (don't you dare call it Frisko!), and it very much feels like home to me, but a totally different home than the one I have in The Crescent City. So despite the fact that I had a great evening last night and that I slept well in my place, and I am excited to get to work on some of the things I've been putting off until I got back here, and I have consistently dependable WiFi and reasonably dependable bus service... I am content to hold a sort of dual citizenship.

There's still No Place Like Home, and THAT home, the place that really holds my soul, is The Crescent City I will return to on February 9th.

No comments: