Monday, January 02, 2006

Rain Rain... Go Away

The incessant (or very nearly incessant) rain that has overtaken California has me, of course, thinking of home. But then it doesn't really take MUCH for me to think of home. It can be a glance at my DEFEND New Orleans sticker now hanging in my office window, or a song on my iTunes, or the Blues Routes show I'm currently working on (Gatemouth Brown show and 2005 wrap up coming by the end of today by the way), or Michael Murphy's wonderful film "Make It Funky" (well, wonderful except for the idiotic segment with Keith Richards)which I purchased at the Metreon and watched on my computer last night.

Right at the moment it's Harry Shearer's column in the HuffPo, coming from New Orleans this morning with the perfect answer to the "How is New Orleans?" questions I keep getting from people whose eyes glaze over within seconds of my attempt at an answer.

No comments: