Saturday, January 14, 2006

Happy Birthday Jennifer!

I just realized as I was shutting down my computer that it's past midnight (well it's not QUITE midnight on the west coast, but it's good enough for me) and THAT makes it my daughter's 24th birthday! Twenty-four years ago right now I was trying to stay awake while Jen's mom struggled with wanting desperately to go to sleep as she moved into something like the 25th hour of labor at UC Hospital in San Francisco. Nine hours later Jennifer was born and I was treated to the single most amazing moment of my entire life.

That moment has now stretched into 24 years and I have to say that I am not happier, prouder, more satisfied or pleased with ANYTHING that exists (or has ever existed) in my life, or the rest of the universe, than the light, joy, serendipity and life I have received from my wonderful child.

Happy Birthday Jennifer Ann Butler!


I am so very glad you were born.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How amazing and wonderful life can sometimes be. Through all the tears, smiles, heartache, brain damage, and everything else, comes life and joy. SURPRISE! Welcome Jennifer. Welcome Tristan. Welcome all. Like you, I can't imagine how what life would have been without my child. Yes indeed, happy birthday Jennifer Ann Butler! May you have many more. Enjoy your dance! Best wishes to you and dad from your weird but loving distant uncle Michael!