Thursday, January 26, 2006

If it's January, it MUST be ZAP!

I have been attending this event for 15 years! I went to their very first event and was the only media guy there... They've come a long way in 15 years, and so have I. In that time, I've gotten my teeth various embarassing shades of red, I've done articles, radio stories, had romantic fights, business conversations, friendly commiserations and just generally good times... all over a glass (or more accurately, glasses) of California's Grape!

I LOVE Zinfandel (which is NOT WHITE by the way)... and I love this fest.

this is an audio post - click to play

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Zin Festival...what a lovely memory of three years ago in fog over the Bay...

Skoal! Have a glass and remember me! en

Thom said...

I did indeed... and that was even before I got this message.

In fact, I spoke of you tonight to a friend from NOLA (a very fun, but slightly odd poet friend) who is currently living in Santa Monica.