Thursday, May 25, 2006

Eating... Drinking... and Being Merry

A week before Katrina (and two weeks after I arrived in New Orleans) I spent the weekend attending the Tales of the Cocktail event and, despite all the subsequent chaos, that even has brought me work, connections and even new friends that have lasted me that last nine months come hell and high water.

This weekend I will be exploring, for the first time, the New Orleans Wine and Food Experience. Lots of wine (mostly from Sonoma County ironically), good food, and even a musical play called "wine Lovers" that I am really looking forward to catching. In the meantime, I will also be trying to fit in oysters and Joe Krown at Le Bon Temps Roulette on Friday and the Bayou Boogaloo in mid-city on Saturday.

It's the first real weekend of activities since Jazz Fest and the first of the upcoming dog days of summer. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

No comments: