Wednesday, May 10, 2006

New Head Butt... Well not really

I just posted a piece on Butting Heads that I wrote nearly two months ago, but kept to myself until now.

Sitting here post-JazzFest, with no clear sense of where the city is going in the relatively near future, I decided to revisit the piece. It seems pretty much as relevant as before, so despite a few misgivings I have decided to lay it out there... for what it's worth. It's certainly in contrast to the positive takes I have expressed over the days of JazzFest, but it's also an appropriate set of observations because the fact is New Orleans is definitely a pieblad reality at present... perhaps it always has been.

There's more coming on all fronts, so stay tuned. The realities of recent days, weeks and months are coming home to roost and I'm feeling like my fingers won't type fast enought to get all of this stuff out of my head before it drives me crazy.

No comments: