Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Mo Betta Blues

Well... I was supposed to be home by tonight, but instead I am freezing my butt of in North Carolina.

The van's ready, the dog's ready, I'm ready, but the weather (again) was a bit uncooperative this morning when I woke up to freezing winds and frozen roads. Waiting until later in the day to leave meant that I needed to find a place to stay on route. The only problem with that idea is that a week and a half ago the Red Cross and FEMA got everyone left in shelters out and into motels. That means that there is literally NO motel space between Murphy North Carolina and New Orleans.

SO... new plan. The weather is a little more ammendable tonight, so I planning to get to bed early and rise before the crack o' dawn and make the dash in a day. I hope to get home by mid-afternoon on Wednesday. The last rumor says that there's no pwer at the house so I would very much like to get in, and if need be, get out to someplace (what place?) else.

In the meantime, I spent the morning finally finishing up a new Blues Routes show. You can hear the show here, or you can find it in iTunes by searching for "BluesRoutes".

So... Tomorrow - keeping my fingers crossed - after exactly two months away, I'm goin' back to New Orleans to see what we shall see.

No comments: