Friday, October 14, 2005

Story Time


The Story People created by Brian Andreas have long been a regular and delightful inspiration to my sometimes weary and disjointed spirit. I have a link at the top of my main browser that goes to their daily story and that gives me another one of those opportunities to lock on to mysterious synchronistic inspiration on a daily basis. Today's story (above) was of particular inspiration to me for, as many people have reminded me, my current homelessness actually provides a window on life that is regularly covered over by all the ways we work to keep ourselves safe and secure, believing that somehow we are different from other people and that the millenial history of human vulnerability on planet earth is something that we are uniquely exempt from.

Well... it's just not true. Every day really is a new day and opening up to that fact is likely the best way to avoid premature death (of the spirit if not the body). I remain lost and confused with little sense of what's around the corner, but in that sense I am actually lucky, for, unlike so many others, I know it. I am forced into facing the ephemeral reality of my life. It's a lesson I hope I can remember once life gets back to normal... whatever normal is now.

-----

By the way... Brian is currently offering a limited edition poster to folks who make a donation to the Story People Katrina fund and I would like to encourage people to check it out.

1 comment:

Roxy said...

I absolutely love Brian Andreas' work - have had it in my various homes for years. Got the email about the NOLA poster - bought it immediately. Thanks for posting about his awesome art!