Saturday, October 22, 2005

Waitin' on a Jet Plane

I'm in San Francisco airport, under perfectly clear skies, waiting for a flight that has been delayed due to fog. It was pretty deep fog when I came in this morning (ironically 2 hours before I needed to be here) only to find the plane delayed an hour and fifteen minute. Not a big deal except for the fact that I then miss my flight to Atlanta which means I don't get in there until 1:00 am... But even that's not a big deal except for the fact that my poor mom and dad have to drag themselves over the river and through the woods inn the middle of the night to pick up their prodigal son.

I could have taken an earlier flight on this end but I would have had to head out to the airport at 3:00 in the morning. As it stands now we will be getting HOME at about 3:00 in the morning.

As my friend Alan always says about New Orleans... "Choices... choices."

One thing I've learned over the last three months is that there's really no point in second guessing things. It really is Que Serra Serra... or as I learned 20 years ago in Nicaragua, Vamos a ver.

It's been a difficult lesson to learn, but I think that MAYBE it's finally been thoroughly drummed into my head.

No comments: