Friday, October 07, 2005

Simple Pleasures

I took this photo (it's a little blurry because I still can't figure out my little digital camera) as I was walking across the bridge in downtown Petlauma last night.

As it happened, I stepped out of the pub and headed toward the grocery store only to be stopped dead in my tracks by this lovely crescent moon and Venus up above the old town clock. It took my breath away, I ran to my car, grabbed my camera and took the shot.

There are times, places, moments, even days and sometimes weeks (but let's not push it) where things just are... where wonder can be experienced and where life is as beautiful as we always hope it will be. Last night at approximately 7:34pm at Latitude 38 and Longitude 122, in Petaluma California, I experienced one of those moments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your pleasant moment looking at the cresent moon was a sign and a promise that your cresent city will come back bigger and stronger than she ever was, Love Sis

Thom said...

Now you're talkin'. I like that, and I'm shocked that I hadn't thought of it.

Anonymous said...

'tis a gift to be simple, 'tis a gift to be free, 'tis a gift to come down where you ought to be, and when you find yourself in the place just right, you'll be in the land of love and delight.

the journey is home, as they say...
en