Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Andy Warhol Would Love It

So I was reading some commentaries on The Huffington Post when I caught a line about the horrible nightmare of not being "Googleable." I figured it might be interesting, fun and conceivably even enlightening (in a thoroughly self-involved kind of way, but then the very existence of my - not one but two - blogs should be proof positive of the narcissistic reality of my life these days) to find out what Google provides on me.

I was really quite pleased to discover that the first thing that comes up is my profile at the public radio website PRX because the work I am trying to do in radio is at the top of my list of interests and I was happy that Google strangely seemed to agree. What was strange was a link that shows up on the second page of listings (after the long list of other Thom Butlers out there). It's a recent article from Petaluma's weekly paper that discusses various blogs of note to Petaluma's "techno-savvy" populuation. At the very end of the article, is a paragraph on me, my travels to New Orleans and this blog.

So here we have finally plunged into a sort of infinite loop of mutual infatuation; an online article about this blog that is now being referenced by this blog.

The main thing to remember, I'm afraid, is that none of it matters a damn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...but it's better than being completely alone! and it's nice to make a difference, even for a little while. It's the moments after all...en