Saturday, September 24, 2005

Base...

With soft french music on the stereo, fabulous espresso and french press coffee and beautifully crafted, incredibly tasty french pastries, I have found in Della Fattoria, on the boulevard in downtown Petaluma, my first safe place to land in a week. And it has Wifi too!

I don't know how much longer I'm going to be in Petaluma. I was originally planning on leaving for Los Angeles tomorrow, but there are a few things I still need to do here and some places where I might pick up a little work (and some very much needed cash). The biggest thing I find that I am missing is a sense of quiet, softness and sanity, but now that I have found this lovely bakery/cafe, I have at least found a way to touch on the peacefulness I need to keep going.

It's sort of like when I was a kid and we would play hide and go seek in the neighborhood. Once you finally found a way to sneak around and keep out of the range of "it" you had to make it back to the base and shout "Safe!" Right now... for at least a couple of hours, I am indeed feeling a little bit safe.

No comments: