Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Better Days

I've gotten a bit tired in this process and there are many days that I feel are just not all that interesting and not particularly encouraging and so I simply don't get around to talking about it... or FEELING like talking about it.

BUT... I've started getting emails and comments from people wondering what's going on when I don't post something, so in some weird way I am actually starting to feel a need to respond so people know that at least I haven't dropped off the planet.

An old song from The Boss strikes a chord for me today. It's a song from ten years ago when it really felt like there were some better days really on the way, but these days I am willing to take encouragement in any place I find it and today I'll take this old song (and it's memories) from the boss.

This morning, I found myself feeling a little more stable and a little more sane despite the ongoing chaos and confusion. I spent four hours writing and the rest of the day tending to details (mostly boring) that need to be dealt with. Money (and the work I need in order to GET money) are the major concern right now as there is very little coming in and there was little or nothing to spare.

At least I'm not leaving Houston this evening... like some folks I know.

No comments: